ACET was previously 2 hour exam for 100 marks and 55 questions. This is not changed. New Exam Pattern is as follows.
1. ACET is now 3 hour exam held online for 100 Marks, which has 70 multiple choice questions with one correct answer for each question
2. The distribution of questions will be:
a. 45 questions – 1 mark each
b. 20 questions – 2 marks each
c. 05 questions – 3 marks each
3. After successful registration, students will be able to download the sample question paper for the examination. However, the names of the reference books will be provided to the students.
4. The syllabus will include the questions for :
Section-I Mathematics, Statistics and Data Interpretation having 55% of weightage and
Section-II English and Logical Reasoning having 45% of weightage.
5. ACET will now be conducted in 27 exam centres in India.
6. ACET will be conducted in a single day with one slot.
Institute never announces/makes public the passing criteria of any actuarial exam. Candidates need to put in all the efforts and give its best, rest is with institute to decide.
You need to be perfect while you are writing Actuarial Exams. Earlier institute used to give negative marking for wrong answers in ACET exam. They have not stated it clearly anywhere weather that is still applicable. I assume it is applicable.
Source – IAI website.
For more details keep watching this space and also visit IAI website.
Also See – How to Become An Actuary?